You might not live in a wildfire-prone region, but did you know that fine, invisible smoke particles can travel thousands of miles? The smoke plume from Canadian wildfires is affecting a large swath of the continent, as far south as Mexico and all the way to New England. Smoke does more than just make the air hazy. Inhaling wildfire smoke can contribute to a range of health issues from coughing and wheezing to bronchitis, and even worsening heart conditions. Children and older people are the most affected. And we are only in the early days of wildfire season.
How to Protect Your Indoor Air Quality:
- Check out this live map from airnow.gov showing wildfires and smoke plumes. The traveling path may surprise you.
- Sign up to receive email alerts about your local air quality forecast.
- Get informed with EPA Factsheets about protecting your lungs, your family, your home, and your pets.
- As recommended by the EPA, invest in a high-quality in-room air purifier, like Brio, for every room in your home.
- Stay indoors and close windows and doors. This will help to keep the smoke out of your home.
- Increase the humidity in your air by running a humidifier or turning on the shower. Moist air helps to trap smoke particles and make them easier to breathe.
- Pay attention to your symptoms. If you start to experience symptoms such as coughing, wheezing, or shortness of breath, take steps to reduce your exposure to smoke. If possible, stay indoors and avoid strenuous activity. If you must go outside, wear an N95 mask that can filter out smoke particles.
- If you have respiratory problems, talk to your doctor about how to protect yourself during wildfire season.
Brio, a powerful and effective air purifier, clears the air, quickly removing toxic smoke particles with no filter clogging, thanks to patented, advanced technology. No matter what's going on outdoors, it is a good feeling to know Brio is on the job, 24x7, removing fine and ultrafine pollutants in your home. Brio keeps clean airflow high and filter cost low.
Brio is in stock, ready to ship (free ground delivery) and includes a risk-free 30-day trial period.